12.10.2013

Currently: Chvrches 'The Bones of What You Believe'

I took a printing history class over the summer and noticed that a lot of early printed work during the late middle ages used a 'v' instead of a 'u' in words.  Especially when they wanted to recreate a sense of antiquity a lot of printers replaced the 'u' with the 'v' to mimic the way it was done during the Roman times.  I could be completely wrong there but either way it's a really big eyesore to me!  I stubbornly pronounce this band as 'chuh-vur-ches.'  

This album is really great thovgh!  I love Lavren Mayberry's voice and the tvnes are so catchy!  I particularly like 'Broken Bones,' 'Tether,' 'Night Sky,' and 'Lvngs.'  I particvlarly love listening to this albvm dvring a school day because it's energetic enovgh to get keep me alive, which is also why I'm listening to it as I write one of the last papers I need to do before winter break! Almost there and then gloriovs, gloriovs winter break!  I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment