12.30.2013

Fragrance resolutions

It wasn't until Spring 2012 that I picked up my first real perfume, Stella McCartney's Stella Nude (recently discontinued, so if you see it and you love fresh roses I highly recommend picking it up asap before they really disappear!) It's corny but I wore that scent all the way through 2013 which was a really big transition and self-worth fixing year for me.  I call it my 'grown woman' perfume because it helped me get through some really tough times!  It was a lot different from the typically sweet fruity scents I wore in previous years but I never looked back!  That perfume also got me hooked on rose and floral scents so it's no surprise that my fragrance wishlist is full of that!  I am typically drawn to feminine sweet, floral scents (I shamelessly wear Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy as my regular scent on days I am not wearing Stella Nude) and really like any fragrance that category!  Here are some of my top picks for 2014 which I have very optimistic feelings about!:



I have the roller ball of this in my makeup bag and I wear it when I am staying overnight at my parents' and don't want to pack my entire perfume bottle with me!  It's a fruity-floral perfume with notes of 'bright cucumber flower petals, mandarin, baby freesia buds, jasmine, pink water lily, southern gardenia, rose petals, creme brulee accord, cedarwood, bleached sandalwood, vanilla, and whipped marshmellow' (phew!) What I really get is the floral, mandarin, and vanilla notes though!  It's very fresh and light despite the plethora of notes and is very girly and happy!  It's definitely the most user-friendly scent out of the bunch but that's another great thing about it, I can't possibly imagine someone who would be offended by the scent!

I was never into the original Chloé but I know it's a cult-favorite!  I have a thing for rose scents so knew that this would be a great way to get with the crowd-consensus on how great Chloé perfumes are.  This one really is great!  It still has the amber sweetness of the original Chloé but much more light with a fresher sweetness and hint of rose.  It's not a pure rose scent but it's a gentler version of the popular scent with a nice sweet freshness to it.  I think this one is limited edition so if you like it, scoop it up! 

I received a roller ball of this perfume from a sweet friend D who remembered my gushing about it while we were exploring new scents at Nordstroms!  Marc Jacob perfumes for a while all sort of smelled the same to me but Honey is so sweet, pun intended!  It's a citrusy sweet one with notes of  pear, mandarin, orange blossom, peach nectar, apricot, honeysuckle, honey, golden valilla and smooth woods.  It doesn't smell like pure honey at all but you get a warm sweetness regardless after the stronger fruit and floral notes mellow down.  I really like it!  It's very bright and cheerful and another one of those non-offensive scents.  This one I tie with Poppy because I think I both are very similar.  I imagine my mood would be the same on occasions I feel like wearing either, it's definitely part of the cheerful scents family!

R.I.P Stella Nude.  Even though I am on the hunt for a new fragrance my heart will always be with Stella Nude.  I like L.I.L.Y because yet again is it part of the floral and sweet family I really like (also the name because I am vain.)  This perfume has notes of black truffles, black pepper, lily of the valley, pink pepper, white musk, oak moss, and patchouli so it has a richer range of notes compared to all the others on my list.  It's a little more 'masculine' too with less emphasis on the fruity scents but the sweetness still comes through and that's why I like it!  It's still fresh because of the florals but not in the ultra girly way!  I like to think of this perfume as being feminine but not fussy.

You know how there is always one extra-wished for item on every wishlist?  This perfume is it.  It's supposed to made with seven types of roses from around the world (!!!) so that in itself makes it most treat-yourself-worthy of all the perfumes on my list.  I am a fiend for all thing rose scented and I like this scent because rose is the main note.  It is still fresh because it has hints of citrus and spearmint but for some reason it still rounds out very sweet.  It's everything I like in a fragrance and I sigh just thinking about how pretty it is.  You know this one will be a gift to myself very soon.

If my nose is drawn to all things floral and sweet my eyes are drawn to anything girly and sweet.  This bottle for this perfume probably takes the cake for the blush pink tinted glass and the perfume inside is also worthy of it's prettiness.  This one smells very similar to Stella Nude so if I were looking for the closest replacement this one would be it!  It has a very delicate combination of mandarin, lily, orange blossom, and of course, rose!  It's also sweet thanks to the notes of musk and white woods so this would be a perfect solution to satisfy my Stella Nude withdrawals.  Though to be fair the floral notes in this scent are a lot more polished and comes out better than in Stella Nude so it would really be the more floral alternative!

Treat yourself for 2014 and pick up a perfume that makes you feel pretty, happy, and every bit as lovely as the scent is. Wear it everyday even on days when you are feeling blue!  I have good feelings for 2014 so I'm going to do the same (I'm looking at you Red Roses!)

No comments:

Post a Comment