2.04.2014

Maroon


Finally over a terrible flu from last week!  I share a room with my sister P and we both caught the flu somehow except she started with a fever and I started with a heavy cough and of course we ended up catching each others symptoms.  Then to make it worse we both caught pink eye, it was a nightmare.  I'm glad to say that we are both back up and running but it was not a pretty week last week.



Sweater: H&M// Pants: Forever21// Flats: Payless Shoe Source// Lips: Maybelline SuperStay 10hr Stain Gloss in Ruby Indulgence


You really do take health for granted until you catch a bug!  I find that this winter has been exclusively sweaters + jeans combos.  I  just can't be bothered with anything else in this cold weather but good thing sweaters are really cute and cozy!  I am also a week away from my haircut so I've been exploring different ways to style my hair until my appointment rolls around.  One thing I've realized is that I am done with bangs probably forever.  I enjoy mid-part face framing ones but I can't imagine ever getting the straight across or side swept bangs that I used to sport all the time during my early college years.  I've always liked having my face clear of hair and I find that you can do more hairstyles without bangs!  It's a mark of my self-confidence going forward, no more hiding behind my bangs!  This week is going to be a good week; the Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl and everyone is still riding on a wave of euphoria!  There is a welcome home parade tomorrow downtown for our players and professors left to right have been pressured to cancel class so that their students (and I am sure themselves too!) can join the happy crowds!  As for me, I am taking this rare opportunity to sleep in and celebrate in my quiet way from the comforts of my bed.  It really is chilly too but I hope crowds tomorrow are big and exuberant: go Seahawks!  I am not the biggest football fan but there is nothing like that big sense of community!

1 comment:

  1. Your outfit looks like it will keep you warm from the cold weather. I do not function well during the winter season. Lots of layers and scarves for me please! I also have the same feeling about my bangs, and have been enjoying wearing up and out of my face. You braid style is too cute. Kind regards ✿

    ReplyDelete