4.09.2014

'Cause that's not our deal

The weather is really picking up!  I hate to admit it but I am definitely the kind of person whose mood fluctuates with the weather.  I love the sun but only if it's not too hot so that makes me a picky person too!  I don't think I've shown this maxi skirt before but it's one of my favorite pieces in my closet.  I thrifted it a few years back (it was only $8!) and since then I always reach for it on sunny and breezy days.  The cobalt blue in combination with the pleating makes this skirt so beautiful!  


Shirt: Urban Outfitters// Skirt: Thrifted// Belt: Forever21// Rings: Brandy Melville and Forver21// Nails: Finger Paints polish in Titian Tint

My laptop camera will never do this skirt justice!  I typically wear this skirt with flats and I find that the length falls right at my ankles.  I am short so I have a hard time finding maxi skirts that look good on me/won't make me trip down the stairs and die so this one really is a gem in my mind! It's actually a size L but I think the best thing about thrifting is that you don't feel as bound to size categories as you might in normal retail stores.  One happy development in my life has been my renewed interest in nail polish.  A few weeks back Sally's Beauty Supply had a massive buy one get one free sale on their polishes so I added a few new bottles to my growing collection.  Then I visited San Francisco late March and during a side trip to San Jose, discovered a mecca for all or soon to be nail polish junkies.  If you are ever in San Jose I really recommend checking out US Nail Supply!  Salon polishes at almost half the price?  Beware, it's dangerous!

Also dangerous is this iTunes Live Session performance of Our Deal by Best Coast.  It's one of my favorite songs from Best Coast but I like this variation a lot! Bethany Cosentino has the beachiest of beachy voices!  I've been laying in bed listening to this on repeat and it feels almost like summer but probably because the heating in my apartment is being strange and pumping out heat like it is the dead of winter even though we've turned it down to low! I should look into that ASAP before I melt.


No comments:

Post a Comment