4.14.2014

Currently: Claude Debussy Complete Piano Music Vol. 1 and 2

I have always loved Claude Debussy ever since watching All About Lily Chou-Chou which uses a lot of his music.  I am also a huge lover of Clair De Lune even if it is one of his most over represented pieces!  I had discovered Debussy's complete piano works as performed by Werner Haas around the same time as I watched the film but it was left largely alone to collect hypothetical computer dust in my music folder until recently!  I find these days my mind has been very restless and listening to Debussy has been very helpful in letting me mellow out on the commute home or even just at home when I am stressed, sad, wistful, or all three at once!  I also have the habit of needing to listen to music while I do school work and I find that this really helps me get through some of my more dense readings and writing assignments.

I have been loving:



Arabesque No. 1


Reverie

When they say complete piano works they really do mean it!  You are looking at 313 minutes of pure Debussy.  I have a few favorites but I find both collections a must have if you are just starting to explore his work!  You can purchase volume 1 and volume 2 on Amazon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment